What is recycling plastic packaging? How will packaging recycling work? These questions are questioned by many interested people. So in the content of the article below we would like to be consulted carefully. Make sure you have more useful information on this recycling matter.
You know, not any kind of plastic packaging is recyclable. Specifically, the plastic packaging will be divided into 7 categories and recyclable but there are still very high concentrations of additives so it is difficult to recycle. That is:
- No. 1 plastic packaging called PET or PETE: This is a safe packaging for food, it is easy to recycle. Usually these are soft drinks bottles, mouthwash bottles or box packaging.
- Plastic packaging No. 2 called HDPR: This is a opaque packaging color and the surface is smooth, it is difficult to accumulate bacteria and is less absorbent. This type of packaging is rated as the safest of all. We often see it used to contain yogurt, cereal or milk cans ... With this type, it will be very easy to recycle into tables, chairs, pens or fences ...
- Plastic packaging number 3 called PVC: Often used as film wrap for food, medical equipment or raincoats ... It has a cheap price but contains many toxins so few users come.
- Plastic packaging No. 4 is LDPE: It is used to produce pressable bottles or food wrapping paper. This type of packaging is rated for the safety of the user, but makes it difficult to recycle.
Plastic packaging No. 5: This is the most environmentally friendly product line and at the same time easy to recycle. It is used to manufacture bottles of water or medicine bottles, straws ...
- Plastic packaging No. 6: Is a disposable packaging and the product line when broken down can harm the body by containing many alkalis and strong acids. This type of packaging is even more difficult to recycle and also has a lot to do with the natural environment.
- Plastic packaging number 7: is the packaging line that carries an unusual compound, it is PC plastic and this is a plastic that is seriously harmful to human health.
With the ability to recycle plastic packaging, it will help reduce the amount of waste to be disposed of. In the plastic recycling process, the end products it can substitute for the raw material create significant economic and environmental benefits. Here recycling of plastic packaging will be done in 3 main ways:
a. Mechanical recycling method
This is the simplest, most common method and is used for plastic waste. This method produces new products from unmodified plastic. It has been around since the 1970s and is still used today.
Most of the plastic waste is recycled by this method which is industrial plastic waste. Is the type of waste generated in the production, processing and distribution of plastic products. This type is easy to recycle due to the low content of dirt and impurities.
Currently, there are many product lines that are recycled from industrial plastic waste. These include fences, children's play equipment or plastic packaging with low additives.
>> Read more products: Explosive foam bag
b. Chemical recycling method
Chemical recycling also comes in the following forms:
Monomerization method: is a method of restoring monomers through the sterilization of polyps. That is to conduct chemical decomposition of the waste PET plastic products and then use them to produce those PET products. This is a recycling cycle that reduces the extraction of other raw materials. It is considered to be extremely economical.
- Recycling method by furnace for iron and steel refining. Because every plastic packaging and the product is made from plastic it is made of petroleum and natural gas. So we can use them instead of coke as a reducing agent inside the furnace. It is also known as hydrochloride reduction and has been certified from the Plastic Waste Management Institute.
- The gasification method is a way of converting plastic into a gas, thereby forming the raw material of the chemical industry. Currently this method is popularly researched and developed in Japan.
c. Heat recycling method
Finally, this is the method of using plastic as the main material to help recover energy. This is because plastic offers an extremely high heat output. Here the energy value of plastic packaging will be equivalent or greater than that of coal. So it is used mainly for heating purposes or to run generators.
Maybe you are interested:
>> What is brand?
>> What is paper bag? Paper bag evaluation criteria
>> What is carton box? Structure and function of carton boxes