Referring to agricultural mulch, this is the product that is commonly used in many farming households and applied in vegetable growing methods. But do you know what agricultural mulch is and what its function is? The information we present right below will be dedicated to helping you understand the whole agricultural mulch.
Agricultural mulch is a thin plastic sheet used to optimize efficiency and yield for the crop crop. Therefore, most of the cultivated farms use this mulch. In addition, agricultural mulch is often referred to as "carpet" by farmers.
If you pay attention you will notice that in vegetable growers there will be thin cover colors of gray with a variety of sizes and lengths. Usually a coating will be used for about 3 to 6 months depending on the quality of the product and how to preserve it from the user.
>> Find out about the product: Banana chamber bags
a. Advantages of agricultural film
Using the coating has many great advantages as follows:
- Limit direct pathogens from soil to plants: The agricultural mulch will completely isolate pathogens that attack directly on the soil onto the plants because the membrane surface quickly dries out after rain is finished. As a result, the fungus will not have conditions to grow even when the environment is humid, warm, and not enough oxygen.
- Limit harmful insects: With the silver gray color of the agricultural mulch it will reflect sunlight, providing more light under the foliage. This makes the habitat of the insects living in the underside of the leaves changed. In order to limit the attack of insects such as aphids, mulch or melon aphids ...
- Supports water retention and fertilizer for plants: In the dry season, the agricultural mulch prevents evaporation to better retain moisture for the plants. In the rainy season, the mulch will prevent rainwater from pouring directly on the surface of the mesh so it will not be eroded. Furthermore, the roots will not be waterlogged, the soil has a loose structure, and the humidity is stable during the season so that the roots can grow to the maximum.
- Keeping warm in cold weather: In addition to preventing flooding in the rainy season, it also helps to keep warm areas that are often cold or frosty such as the Northwest, Da Lat. The mulch will help increase the maximum soil temperature at night to keep the roots warm, especially when the plant is still young, not yet able to withstand it.
- Isolation weeds to destroy: It is the black surface from the agricultural mulch, which will prevent sunlight as well as prevent photosynthesis to help dead grass in the mulch. Thanks to this, the maximum cost of tilling and weeding during cultivation should be saved.
- Increase crop efficiency: Thanks to its ability to limit pathogens, insects and preserve maximum soil structure, preserve nutrients in the soil ... So it helps plants grow strongly and produce crops. thus, productivity is increased and the percentage of crops rejected will be less if compared with conventional planting methods without mulch.
On the other hand, thanks to the dispersion of sunlight from the mulch on the fruit, it also enhances the color of the fruit skin, the rate of damaged fruit is also greatly reduced.
>> Product reference: Plastic packaging
b. Agricultural film coating disadvantages
Although there are many important advantages, but with the coating in the agricultural industry, it also has disadvantages. This is because the coating is made of plastic, so it decomposes under natural conditions.
So when using, users need to collect the membrane no longer used to focus on burning or deep buried. Because mulch, if left untreated for a long time in the soil, will lead to environmental pollution.
Note when using agricultural mulch?
In order to ensure the best results when using a mulch, a number of important issues should be kept in mind during farming, including:
- Supply enough necessary water to ensure plant growth, especially in the dry season. Because even though the mulch uses it to save water, we need to note that every day, plants need to have enough water to avoid wilting.
- It is necessary to pay attention to the conditions of the mulch lettuce to choose suitable vegetables and plants.
- Need to use fertilizers properly and just enough to provide nutrients for plants very well.
- Choose to buy quality agricultural film at a reputable address to bring the highest efficiency during use.
The article that we have presented above hopes that it has partly helped you better understand the agricultural film. Wish you use it effectively to improve productivity for growing vegetables and crops!
>> What is a pallet? Types of pallets
>> What is nonwoven?
>> What is the product packaging? Function of product packaging?